Call Us… (954)-577-0075
Psychologist Plantation FL – Teen, Family, Couples, Marriage Counseling, Testing & Therapy
By Dr. Helene Schwartz-Cohen Licensed Psychologist Plantation FL
Here at Plantation Psychological Associates we are a team of mental health professionals with over 30 years experience conducting counseling and therapy for: Individuals, Adolescents, and Families. Our team provides Plantation Counseling for Individual Therapy, Child and Adolescent Counseling, Family Counseling, Marriage & Couples Therapy, . We are conveniently located in suburban Plantation, FL. Our practice also has particular expertise in the area of psychological evaluations, psycho-educational assessments, Plantation family counseling and general full battery psychological testing.
“We believe that problems are a part of life. It is not the presence of problems that determines our health and well-being, but what we do when we encounter them. Our mission is to help our clients find solutions that will lead to personal happiness and the ability to maintain healthy relationships in their lives”.
My name is Dr. Helene Schwartz-Cohen and I hold both a Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Psychology and am a Licensed Psychologist in the State of Florida. I have been recognized both locally and nationally for my work with adolescents, adults, couples and families, experiencing emotional distress. I am also certified in Professional Crisis Management, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, and Critical Incident Stress Management. In addition to my decade of inpatient and intensive outpatient work, I have completed a twelve service as an Assessment Specialist at one of South Florida’s largest dual diagnosis residential treatment programs.
My colleagues atPlantation Psychological Associates are also Licensed Psychologists, LCSW’s (Licensed Clinical Social Worker), LMHC’s (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) and School Psychologists, each who have been established as outstanding practitioners in their respective fields.
To learn more about each of us, please click on ‘About Us’ in the banner above.
What we do
- Counseling (individual counseling, couples counseling as well as family counseling).
- Therapy (individual therapy, marital therapy, family therapy and also effective couples therapy).
- Psychological Evaluations (Intelligence Testing, Gifted Testing, ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) Testing/ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) Testing, Learning Disability Testing, Autism Spectrum Disorder Evaluations. We also conduct Full Battery Assessments for medical or legal issues/court mandated psychological evaluations (i.e. DUI psychological evaluation, Surrogacy Evaluations, Fitness evaluations for court and Immigration psychological evaluations).
- Premarital Counseling
- PlantationPsychological Testing
- Plantation Marriage Counseling
Psychologist Plantation FL ….Experience & Expertise
- Mood, Anxiety and also Depression
- Drug Abuse and Alcohol Abuse
- Drug Dependency and also Alcohol Dependency
- Addictions (Food Addiction, Gambling Addiction and also Internet Addiction)
- Self -Esteem and Motivation Issues
- Anger Management
- Trauma, Grief and Loss Issues
- Family Conflict (Divorce, Adjustment & Coping).
- Issues of Adolescence (troubled teens, teen depression, teen anxiety, teen addiction, teen drug abuse, alcohol abuse, eating disorders and teen body image issues.)
- Psychologist Plantation Fl …Location
Our services are provided in a confidential, safe and comfortable private practice setting located in suburban Plantation, FL. We are also located within one mile of the Westfield Broward Mall just off University Drive and Peters Rd. Plantation is only minutes from Fort Lauderdale, Sunrise, Davie, Southwest Ranches, Pembroke Pines and Cooper City. Plantation is also just a few minutes east of Weston.
Most of all, our role as psychologists, counselors and therapists is to help our clients resolve problems, to clarify issues and obstacles, and discover better ways to navigate life’s challenges. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any of your questions about our service, or psychology in general.
We look forward to hearing from you.